Thursday, November 02, 2006

1,2,3 and A,B,C!

Today I was the parent helper in Anna's preschool class. I've learned something about preschool teachers, they need to either have the patience of a saint or be hard of hearing. Wow, can 10 three and four year olds be busy and loud! It was a good loud though, as they were all having a lot of fun. A good loud? Is that like a dry heat? Something you say to make a not so nice situation seem a teeny bit better? Really though, in all seriousness, I had fun with all the kids.

I was served 'tea' and cake in the kitchen area, helped put some potato head people back together, read a few stories, dance around with a bean bag on my head and played dinosaur families until a small dinosaur war broke out! Anna had a blast with me there, although I suspect she's not nearly as clingy with the other parent helpers as she was with me. But now my duty is done and it's not my turn to help out again until December sometime. I am hoping that after Christmas I can spend a couple hours in each of Katie and Beth's classroom as well. Beth will love it, Katie will probably wish she could stay home sick that day. She's getting to the age where she is more embarrassed by her parents than proud. I'd better get used to it though, since I don't think that will change until she's past the teenage years.

0 comments: