Thursday, November 09, 2006

Time for a break

So after some confusion over schedules, it's been determined that I am not babysitting tomorrow. Some of you may know that I went a little bit crazy in the fall and took on some extra babysitting responsibilities. Last year I babysat a little girl every other weekday, which was perfect since I still had 2 or 3 days in the week to run errands, head to the city for appointments, whatever. I am still babysitting her, but I am also babysitting full time for another family this year. That family has three kids. One is a couple years younger than Katie and in school every day, one is Beth's age, and in school every other day and one is Anna's age, so home every day except for 2 hrs of preschool one day a week. Needless to say it can be pretty hectic at our house. Especially this week since I had my every other day kid every day and today there was no school here in town so I even had the school kids home today. That meant 7 kids total running around my house. Surprisingly enough between play dough, computers, coloring, movies and toys the day goes by pretty quickly and the kids are never bored. Chris was a saint today and took all the kids except the sleeping one to the school park where there is a big snow hill to go tobogganing. The older kids had a great time, but Chris came home within half an hour with 2 crying preschoolers who didn't want to sled anymore.

So back to my day off tomorrow...I am really looking forward to spending the day with my girls, just my girls and no extra kids, lol. Chris is on nights so we are all going to sleep in a bit in the morning and then just before lunch we're going to head into the city. I have some stuff to drop off at my aunt's, Chris needs a haircut and we are taking the kids to a matinee. I think we'll do popcorn and everything. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun, and I know the kids are looking forward to having me all to themselves. What's even better, is I never babysit on the weekends, and I get Monday off too! A nice long weekend with just my girlies! I can't wait!

0 comments: