Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I think it's coming

Darn winter.

We've been so lucky lately, the weather has been beautiful. The last week has been above zero every day. On Chris's days off we were able to get some Christmas lights hung up, and our inflatable snowman set up as well, and we didn't freeze our butts off doing it. The kids have been able to play outside for more than 5 minutes at a time which they have enjoyed so much. They started a snow fort a few days ago, which unfortunately has been shrinking every day with the above zero weather, but they keep working at it, stealing snow from the neighbors' yards.

This morning it was a completely different story though. I was awake around 6am (not awake enough to get up and work on that morning people thing though) listening to the wind howl. I just knew it was going to be cold. By 8am when the kids were up the wind had died down a bit, but it was definitely colder than we've been used to. My thermometer says it's -12 C, which normally at this time of year would feel warm, but considering it's 15 degrees colder today than yesterday it sure doesn't feel warm. I wonder where I could live that there is lots of snow all winter long, but warm temperatures to go along with the snow? Not necessarily above zero, because the snow would never last, but anywhere between 0 C and -5 C would be perfect. I don't think Saskatchewan is that place, but maybe with some Global Warming it could be arranged? Time to get working on that mini power plant in my backyard and to get myself a Hummer I guess.

0 comments: