Saturday, November 18, 2006

Night out

Last night Chris and I went to the local Dinner Theatre. They have done a production in town every year for the last 15 years. Apparently it's quite a fundraiser for the community hall, and even the library makes a few hundred dollars doing a coat check. The food is almost all donated by townspeople, with the exception of the roast beef. The conveners for the food open the phone book and start phoning around and asking people to bring certain items. I have done a dessert every year since we moved here, and honestly this year I didn't want to do anything. Chris was bar tending the first night the play opened so I figured that was good enough. Of course when I received the phone call I couldn't say no, lol. So tomorrow afternoon I have to make a whack of mashed potatoes. Actually they said a dutch oven full, but since I really have no idea if I even have a dutch oven, a whack will have to do. My neighbor, who went with us last night to the play, had to bring a pound of butter. How did she get off so easy? Last year she took pickles. Oh well.

The production was really quite funny. I think there were 8 actors (all local of course) and 4 of them had never before been in a play. The play was written by someone from Saskatchewan so it was very easy to identify with the play. It was about a farming family with 2 sons and a daughter. One son is a radio dj who is happy not being on the farm anymore, the daughter married a local farmer, and the other son plans to work on the farm, but he was away working in Calgary over the winter and brought his city girlfriend home to stay. I laughed a lot.

While we were out the kids had their favorite babysitter. They did each others hair with container of barrettes and took pictures. I was going to upload them this morning to show off, but they forgot to use the flash so none of them turned out. Sorry. They stayed up late, at popcorn and watched movies. They just love having a babysitter.

0 comments: