Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Here's to a wonderful 2007!

Now that the New Year is here, things should settle down right? We can take the Christmas tree down soon, actually we HAVE to take the tree down soon since a few relatives stopped by today and Chris brought the giant chair we moved into Katie's room to make room for the tree back into the living room so we would have enough seating. Now I have a great big chair in the middle of my living room looking silly and taking up space. The tree space is the only place it can go, so hopefully Chris will feel like dismantling Christmas one of these evenings, lol.

Christmas was good to all of us here. The kids were all happy with their presents. Well that's a lie I guess. Beth is at that age where she did like her presents but they were still not good enough. My mom was right when she told me that the only thing that would have made her presents be 'enough' would be if no one else (her big sister especially) had received anything. I think it's the age, and she'll grow out of it....well she'd better.

I finally got the puzzler roller I have asked Chris for every Christmas for the last five years or so. I love doing puzzles, but just don't have the space to do the big ones that take more than a day to assemble. He also bought me a box that had 10 different puzzles inside which should keep me busy for a while. I've done 2 of them already, one took quite a few days and one I did in an evening. And tonight I'll be using my new George Foreman grill that Chris also bought for me. I guess when you are hard to buy for, people can't help but get you kitchen items, lol. I've got chicken marinating right now and I can't wait to try out the grill!

Now it's time to do the post Christmas clean up. Time to find spaces for all the new stuff, maybe get rid of some old stuff (aka toy reduction), throw away the left overs and try to get life back to normal. 2007 will hold some big changes for us since we will be moving at some point this year. We don't know where or when yet, but hopefully we'll have a better idea in the next couple of months. It's exciting yet scary at the same time.

0 comments: