Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas!

It's actually Christmas Eve here for another hour but close enough. I've been busy with company for the last few days. My parents have been here and my little brother arrived a couple of days ago as well. It's been a really nice time. The girls love getting up and spending the morning in bed with Grandma and Grandpa and then bugging Grandpa until he makes them porridge. I know it's weird for kids to like porridge and actually ask for it, but Grandpa allows them a whole lot more sugar on top than mommy does, so of course they love it. If I'm nearby Grandpa will even try to distract me so they can scoop one more spoonful on while I am not looking!

We had our Christmas meal this evening. We always have a big lunch of snacky things on Christmas day starting at about 11am and lasting until supper so Chris thought that this year, to avoid the bloated and sick tummies, we'd eat the turkey on Christmas Eve. It worked out very nicely. We started the turkey cooking early this morning, okay, Grandma started it cooking early this morning while I slept in, and then we just visited until it was time to cook the rest of the food. We've watched a few Christmas movies and played quite a few dice games to pass the time. As I said before it's been a very nice time!

Tomorrow will be filled with more food and of course PRESENTS! The kids are so excited and could not wait any longer for Christmas to finally arrive.

Merry Christmas to all my friends and family! Have a wonderful day and cross your fingers that this year is the year I will finally get the puzzle roller I have wanted for so long!

0 comments: