Monday, January 22, 2007

Bathroom Renos...Day 2

Today I took off the baseboards and pried off the moulding. I also too down the towel racks and removed a few nails from the wall. Finally I washed the walls and got all the old wallpaper border glue off. Tonight Chris is going to fill in the holes and then I might get started on painting tomorrow. I have a dentist appointment though, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to it or not. The paint is here though, just waiting for me to use it!

No pictures today, it looks pretty much the same.

Oh, and I wanted to add for all those concerned about putting laminate in the bathroom since I've had quite a few people warn me about this, that they 'claim' the new laminates will seal completely so moisture in a bathroom is not an issue. However most manufacturers recommend to add a thin bead of glue to the top of each joint of the clickable laminate to ensure a complete seal. Then you also need to silicone wherever the laminate meets with a tub, sink or wall.

0 comments: