Monday, February 19, 2007

We got so much done today!

Bathroom is done (almost, lol). We even got the old silicone stripped off the tub and tub surround and put down new stuff. Boy does that make a difference. The bathroom would be completely done but we were mysteriously short 2 ft of baseboard. We have since found the baseboard when we cleaned out the disaster of a front porch. We have been storing all our work crap in there while we were doing the bathroom. Most of that crap has been moved to garage now, lol. So there is a 2 ft piece of baseboard left to be put on in the bathroom and then the paint touched up on it, and it will really be all done in there.

I decided that for now I am going to keep our white shelving unit in there. It looks fine when it's not all cluttered and since we will be selling the house soon, why buy a new linen shelf (the one I want is about $100) when I don't know if it will even go anywhere in our next house. We do want to buy a small shelf to put some decorative candles on for above the toilet though.

We also (and by we I mostly mean Chris, although I did help by standing on a piece of board every now and again) finished the porch floor. The tiles in there were the same as what used to be in my bathroom so it was in desperate need of a flooring makeover. These tiles were so easy to peel off though, each one came of whole, and it only took a few minutes. Chris is at this very moment putting the baseboards back on, that's how done the floor is! We still have to rehang the closet doors and although I would like to do that tonight yet, Chris is looking pretty tired and he has a First Aid course to study for tonight yet. We'll see.

Chris must not have hated working with me to do all these renos too much since one of the first things he asked me when the flooring was getting layed in the porch was which room was next, lol. He wants to do something in the kitchen, I'm not so sure. I'd just like to get my house back to being clean and uncluttered for at least a week first, lol.

0 comments: