Tuesday, February 06, 2007

More bathroom work

We finally got a chance to get back to working in our bathroom. Today we got the molding around the tub surround on and the window trim. It still needs to be siliconed but the look won't change too much after that is done.



Here is the tub before and after. Notice how dark it is in the after picture. It doesn't look like a lot of work but it took us all day. Well all afternoon I slept all morning because I felt like I was going to die of food poisoning or something. I'm much better now.




Tomorrow we are going to tackle the floor. Right now it's peel and stick tile, and we are replacing that with laminate. We don't know how much give for room we're going to have to replace the toilet over the laminate so we are tearing the tile out rather than putting the laminate right over top of the tile. It's stuck down pretty good. Took me a long time to get off the amount I did tonight, so it will be an all day job tomorrow. The tiles are 1'x1' but as you can see from the second picture you have to pry them up piece by piece.





And just for fun I'll throw in the pictures from the kitchen cabinets. We changed all the door and drawer handles last week. They were green plastic and are now a brushed metal. It's hard to tell from the pictures but they sure look a lot nicer.


0 comments: