Thursday, February 08, 2007

Solution...A bucket.

I know I said a bucket wouldn't do it, but that's what we used. We didn't have to use it 'that' way though, lol. Chris wedged a bucket in the toilet tank and the put the part that fills the tank with water into the bucket. The float was also in the bucket, but the goal was to have the float so high, that no water would actually be taken into the tank. Chris hooked the toilet back up to the water and I turned the water on and not only were there no leaks in the sink pipes which had been taken off and put back on, but the tank did not fill with water. That's a good thing, because the tank was not actually connected to the toilet. To 'flush' we had to dump a bucket of water into the toilet and the water would slowly drain. Not a great long term solution by any means, but it worked for the evening.

While I was at preschool this morning, my wonderful husband zipped into the city, tried a couple stores and found a tank that would fit. Of course the salespeople at both stores tried to tell him you can't mix and match toilets and tanks, and one lady even told him no one in the city would sell him a tank without an attached toilet (yet they have separate prices...hmmm), but he did come home with just a tank, and it fits wonderfully. When I walked in the door after preschool he was almost done, he was just on his way downstairs to turn the water back on. And again, no leaks!

So I have a toilet which is great, and I have a pretty, almost finished bathroom, which is even better. But I know as soon as we get the very last thing done in the bathroom Chris will get his transfer notice and it will be official that I won't get to enjoy my bathroom for very long, lol.

0 comments: