Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I don't get the American political system. Maybe it's all the talk of the primaries lately that we hear about on the nightly news or talk radio, and the fact that I am not sure exactly how that all works, but I think it's more the celebrity endorsements I don't quite get.

They said on the radio today that Oprah endorses Obama, Martha Stewart endorses Hillary Clinton and Arnold Schwarzenegger endorses McCain. It went on and on about who each celebrity is going to vote for. I don't know why, but for some reason that seems wrong to me. In an ideal world, every citizen would pay close attention to politics and vote for the party or person they truly feel will make the best decisions for their country. But we all know this is not an ideal world, and I wonder if having a certain celebrity's endorsement is considered a leg up in this election race? Or maybe a leg down in the case of Hillary Clinton who also has Jerry Springer's vote?

0 comments: