Thursday, February 07, 2008

Gotta love naptime!

Especially on those few and far between days that everyone is asleep (or at least laying down) at the same time! I should get at least 1 hour of uninterrupted quiet if everyone naps as they usually do. It's just that usually they don't all nap at the same time. Anna is not actually napping, she's just having a lay down in my bedroom and watching a Care Bears movie, but that's as good as it gets for her and it does keep her quiet and resting for a while at least.

Whatever will I do for this hour? Most of my housework is up to date and the laundry is already going, so I don't have to feel guilty about that. I do have a few books on the go that I could be reading, so, after I play online for a bit I guess I'll read.

One of the books I am reading right now is called Family Wisdom from the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin S. Sharma. Someone on talk radio recommended it the other day on a call in show and I reserved it at the library. I am highly disappointed. It's a self help type of book focusing on nurturing the leader within your child. It's really a non-fiction book but it's pretending to be a fiction book. By telling the story about the characters in the book the author is trying to teach the readers his lessons. I find it rather hokey. Don't get me wrong, I think the collection of lessons the author is trying to teach and share is very valuable but because of the the style of the book it completely disinterests me. I'd much rather read what the author has to say in a non-fiction style. And that's all I have to say about that.

I hear a baby. I guess I didn't get my hour.

0 comments: