Monday, September 03, 2007

Time to get back to blogging business!

It's been forever, but it's time for me to get back into my blog. We're moved and generally settled, so I have no more excuses. I need the outlet too, a place to write down the crazy, silly, funny, boring, whatever, parts of my day. I guess I find it relaxing to sit down at the end of the day and write out my thoughts.

So what's been keeping me busy?

We moved a couple weeks ago. We were pretty much unpacked right away since out move covered everything from packing to unpacking. However getting things organized the way you want them always takes time. You think you want it one way only to discover that you don't really like it and have to organize it all over again. In between the organizing you still have to keep the house clean and the laundry done, because that just never ends. I will say that this house is much less dusty than either house I lived in in our old town. I guess I was right that the gravel roads there added to the dust in my house and it wasn't simply poor housekeeping. I did give up dusting there eventually so in part it was poor housekeeping, but when it's dusty 5 minutes after you wipe, you realize how futile your attempts are, lol.

This weekend was great. Chris was home from work and we had no real plans. That's rare lately. We spent Saturday tuning up our bikes and the girls bikes and then we spent quite a few hours just out walking and biking the neighborhood. We have some parks nearby with great trails that we are getting to know. The girls put at least 10km on their bikes on Saturday. I was so impressed that they did so well, especially Anna. She did get tired and have to stop for a few breaks but she pushed her own bike when she was on a break. She was a real little trooper. Beth's bike seized up on us though, so we have to get the bearings in her pedals fixed. I'd like to get her bike into the shop this week to get that taken care of so we can do some more biking in the evenings or next weekend.

Sunday we tried out a new church. I don't think it's quite the right fit for us, but I did really enjoy the service and the people. We'll find the right church for us though, it just may take a few weeks and some church shopping.

Today was spent on the house. I did housework and Chris worked in the yard. He built a sandbox for the girls and I shovelled the sand from the centre of the yard into the wheelbarrow and then dumped it into the sandbox. It was three wheelbarrow loads, and I'm impressed I didn't give up on the shovelling, lol. The sandbox is great, although I don't know how much the kids will actually use it. Then Chris measured out the area we are going to keep the trampoline. We priced out the cost of enough pea gravel to cover the ground under the trampoline and we plan to have some delivered this week sometime. It will be dumped into our driveway and we'll have to shovel it into the wheelbarrow which I think might take forever since it'll be way more gravel than we had sand. Chris edged the trampoline area tonight with some landscaping stuff left behind by the old owner, but he couldn't finish since the mosquitos started eating him alive. If we plug away at it day after day, we're hoping the backyard will be ready for grass seed before the snow falls and that we'll have good luck with the grass growing in the spring.

Of course as soon as the yard is done I think the basement renovations will start, so it really is never ending, lol.

I also started working out at Curves last week. My goal is to make it there mon-fri before the kids are up for school and get my workout in. I should be home in time to get them up, fed, dressed and off to school. Hopefully I can keep up the early rising. I know the key will be getting to bed at a decent hour, something I haven't been great at in the past. I timed out how long it takes me to ride my bike to Curves tonight. Twelve minutes. That's not bad, but at the moment I am not in good enough shape to get there in twelve minutes and have the energy to work out for half an hour. And I'm very sure I would not have the energy to bike myself back home! I have to be able to get there and back in decent time though in order to make sure the kids are awake in time to get to school, so for now I'll have to drive every morning. Maybe once the snow has come and gone I'll be fit enough to bike there every morning.

0 comments: