Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I'm tired

I'm trying to get into a new schedule. One where I am out of bed before any sane person I know. 6:30am. If that sounds like sleeping in to you, I guess you know where you fall on my sanity scale. So my alarm goes off at 6:25am and I hit snooze and then try to beat my snooze alarm to the bathroom. I lost today. I did get up when the snooze alarm went off though, so I wasn't late or anything.

I wake up and the house is still. A few minutes after my alarm goes off the first thing I hear is the bread machine beeping. Everything else is quiet. The kids are all asleep and so is Chris. Usually Anna has already snuck into our bed and is sound asleep in between Chris and I. Even the cats who have been banished to the garage are not scratching at the door to come in. So I drag self out of bed and into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. Why is it that even though I brushed my teeth less than 8 hrs earlier and all I did was sleep, that my mouth can feel way yuckier than it did after a whole day of being awake? Must be all the drooling I do in my sleep, lol.

After getting dressed into some sweats and a t-shirt I take the bread out of the breadmaker and gather my stuff. Car keys, house keys (yes I have them on separate key chains), water bottle, apple, shoes, cell phone. Lately I have to go back into the bedroom and search through Chris's pants to find my car keys as he's misplaced his, and seems in no hurry to find them as mine are so easy to steal. Then off to the gym I go. Yep, I said gym. And it's still only 6:45am!

I joined Curves (again) last week. I know I have to get myself there as early as possible and with kids to get ready for school, one still at home, and babysitting, my only options are before the world wakes up and the evening. I know that by the time the evening rolls around I'll have thrown around every excuse as to why I can skip a day, or I'll be too tired to go, or I'll forget and then it will too late, so really the evening workout is really a no go for me. Pre-dawn is my only option.

When I get home from the gym it's just in time to wake the kids up, make breakfasts and lunches and get them off to the bus and even get some housework done. I actually feel really great in the morning, but boy am I starting to drag by late afternoon! I have to work on the getting to bed earlier thing, or 6:30am may just kill me. Today though, I am tired in the morning, which can't be a great sign of things to come.

0 comments: