Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I deserve a cookie

Not only did I get up and go work out at 6:30am when I really felt like staying in bed, I got up at 6:30am and went to work out on MY BIRTHDAY! That surely deserves a cookie right?

So it's September 11th. It used to just be my birthday, but since 6 years ago it's been so much more than that. It's kind of weird actually, when people ask when your birthday is and you say September 11th, they get a surprised, sad look on their face, like they feel sorry for me. Yes, a terrible thing happened on this day in 2001, but it's still my birthday, it's still a happy day for me. And I think that's what we have to remember for not only September 11th, but all those days that something bad happened. It's just a day. Bad things happen but so do good things. Beth started crawling on this day in 2001, I was born on this day 32 years ago. We will never forget the bad things, but we should try to remember all the good things as well.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Good for you Corra!
Yes, your day will always be shared. But its how you (and everyone) chooses to deal with that day... celebrate life! Especially yours! Happy Birthday my friend. I am thinking of you and sending many happy birthday hugs and kisses. Oh - and yeah, you can have a cookie!

Anonymous said...

hey... I thought that Beth started crawling on MY birthday :'(

Happy Birthday!! Congrats on going to the gym, nevermind a cookie, you should get cake for that!!

(Princess Diana's funeral was on my birthday)