Thursday, October 23, 2008

Three days in a row. A blogging accomplishment.

Chris is still out of town. He will be home tonight. He made it back in time yesterday to drop Anna off at her activity.

We have Girl Guide cookies to sell. Please buy some so I can stop eating them. I swear I have zero willpower.

I was going to swim laps tonight but the pool I wanted to go to cancelled lane swimming tonight. I'll have to look at my lists of other facilities and see if there is anything open. Of course it will depend if Chris is home by then. I suck at swimming, but I enjoy it. Maybe one day I will learn how to do more than the breaststroke. A walk might be nice instead.

I wonder if Chris will get a chance to work on installing the central vac this weekend? How odd that I am excited to vacuum....but then I am sure that excitement will be gone after the first time I use it. The girls can start vacuuming now though, without having to worry about plugging in or dragging a heavy canister around. Yay for slaves, I mean kids.

The girls want allowance. They have been very good about keeping their rooms clean. Of course I still pick up some of Katie's clothes that have not found their way into the hamper, but her room used to be a disaster so it's a big improvement. Beth had been doing better, but she has books all over her floor and her drawers are all hanging open. If I make her a space for the books she reads while in bed that should help. Anna's room is often messy but all the day home kids play in there, so it's not entirely her fault. She's been good at cleaning it when asked though. I think we'll take some of the little kid toys out of her closet this weekend and move them downstairs to the play area.

Chris and I will have to have the allowance discussion again soon. Do your kids get allowance? Are they expected to do chores for it? Do you ever take it away?

1 comments:

B said...

Owen gets $2.00 a week IF he makes his bed everyday (that is his main chore). He also needs to have decent behaviour through the week as well.

He did have his allowance taken away for the last month due to some attitude issues and he was not following through with his one chore.

I have restored the allowance this week and have added unloading the dishwasher to his chores...still only $2.00.

I do pay him 50 cents to a $1.00 for helping me out since I cannot bend and such.