Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Good Intentions Spoiled

Chris has been away the last couple of mornings. That means my normal schedule of getting up at after 6am and heading to the gym shortly after 6:30am is thrown out of whack. I made it there Monday evening, but I just couldn't drag myself there yesterday evening. I find I am so much more tired during the day if I do not make it to the gym in the morning. Since Chris got home last night I had every intention of getting back into my schedule this morning. I drag my butt out of bed, get dressed, take the bread out of the breadmaker, check my email and head out to the garage. Once I flicked the light on in the garage I noticed one of the side doors of the van is open, and the little blinkie lights that alert other drivers that door is open is not doing it's job. Crap. I knew the van was dead. At our old place, Chris's work had a charger we could throw right on the battery and just let it charge for half an hour or so. We don't have that luxury here. Actually I think we might be lucky if we find booster cables. We're also going to have to push the van out of the garage so we can get another vehicle close enough to boost it. This sucks! I was so looking forward to getting back to the gym this morning since Chris leaves again tonight and won't be home tomorrow morning. This is not going to be a good gym week.

And I can't tell you how badly I want to throttle the child who was too lazy to press the button and close the van door behind her. That would be wrong.

0 comments: