Sunday, January 03, 2010

I'm in love

With my new iMac! It's so shiny and pretty. It's faster than my laptop so that's a huge bonus too! I have a little table in the kitchen for my computer and the Mac fits there just as nicely as my laptop did. The monitor is a lot taller, but it really doesn't take up any more room on the table than my laptop did. Now I want to make my little table workstation cute and pretty to match my Mac. That means I need to find new homes for the junk this table has collected and find something cute to organize the stuff that actually belongs here.


Last Christmas I got an iPod touch from my husband and have loved it since I opened the package and it syncs very nicely with the Mac. Of course they are designed to sync, but it still gives me a little thrill when I discover something new I can do that combines my Mac and my iPod. For instance, yesterday I downloaded an application for my iPod that turns it into a remote for iTunes on the Mac. It does it wirelessly though our home wifi connection. I can turn the music on and off at the Mac, change the song, volume etc., from anywhere in the house with the iPod. Very neat!

And just an hour or so ago I learned I can sync my calendar on my iPod with the one on my computer! That may be old news for many of you, but it's still shiny news for me!

I see myself becoming a Mac convert very easily at this rate. Possibly the only thing that could hold me back is the price tag attached to Apple products compared to PC products. I'm very, very luckily that the price tag attached to my new Mac was $0.00. Well I guess it was actually the cost of a loaf of bread. I won the Mac from a contest I entered in the fall with a pin code I pulled off a loaf of bread!


2 comments:

Julie said...

If I had a LOAD of bread, maybe I would win too lol

Corra said...

Thanks Julie, I fixed the load, lol.