Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I think I figured it out

I noticed last week that my list of feeds, that tell me when someone has updated their blog, wasn't working. It says that every one's last update was May 22, 2009. Weird. Or so I thought.

Then I remembered that around the same time that the feeds quit working I had somehow changed my computer clock. I must have been looking at dates and instead of cancelling, I must have left it at that date, which was May 22nd, and the reason I know it was that date was because I sent two emails the next day. Chris said he never received the one I sent him, and I double checked in my sent box and saw the date of May 23rd on it. He still has not received the email (remind me on May 23rd to ask him if it arrives), and I changed my computer clock back as soon as I noticed

So because my computer checked for new feeds on what it thinks was May 22nd, it is not checking for them anymore, because my clock is back to normal and thinks they must be up to date since it isn't even May yet. The good thing is that I think I figured out why it's not updating, but the bad thing is I can't figure out how to fix it.

0 comments: