Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sundae Sunday

Makes me think of the Mamas and the Papas, lol.

Today after church we had a potluck Sundae. Chris and I brought all the ice cream and other members of the congregation brought the toppings! It was an idea we 'borrowed' from another church in the city, and it went over very well and was very yummy.

So pretty much since lunch yesterday my children have been ingesting sugar. It started with the Halloween parties at school, then trick or treating, a treat or two snuck in before church and ice cream sundaes after church. Beth's tummy hurts...as it probably should. The other two seem fine, so far.

Every Halloween I am at a crossroads. Do I dole out the candy a bit at a time and then have to listen to them every 10 minutes asking for just one more, or do I let them have a free for all and just get it all over with?

What do you do?

1 comments:

Michelle said...

I tried the "just eat it till you puke" way this year but that ended badly (behaviour not puking). So its gone now. Try again next year. Too bad now I have to eat it all b/c I just can't "waste" it!!!