Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Basement Renovations have started!

It's very exciting!
When we moved in the basement was unfinished except for the exterior wall framing. It was great because a lot of work had been done yet we had complete say as to how we were going to design the basement. Our plan is to build a bathroom, a bedroom, an office (with a window so it can be considered a bedroom when we sell), a family room, a storage room, and a utility/laundry room. The exact design of each room has changed over the few months we've lived here, and I am sure they will change slightly as we build, but we've actually started! I say we, when mostly I mean Chris has started, but I held some framing still while he put a few screws in and held some drywall up so he could do the same, so I have helped, a little.
I decided I needed some 'before' pictures tonight, but some of the interior framing has been started so they are not completely before pictures.
The Bathroom
First picture: To the left of Katie are the stairs.
Second picture: Looking into the bathroom from where the bedroom will be. To the right where all the boxes are will be the storage room. The bathroom will end right about where the blue drywall ends.


The Laundry/Utility Room
Excuse the huge mess of the basement.


Family Room

The Office

0 comments: